Monday, March 11, 2013

3-11-13: Spiritual Gifts

Hey everyone!

I hope you've all been well, I know I have...of course it could just be because I'm forgetting everything before yesterday!

I had an AWESOME day with one of my college friends; their Spring break began on Friday for the next 2 weeks, so I hope I'll be able to spend plenty of time with my college friends. Man, I miss them a ton! He and I played 10 rounds of pool (he won 9 of them...minor detail. We still had fun) and I won 2/3 rounds of Fussball! I played probably one of the most intense games ever! The final game finished 11-13 with me with the win! And yes, this will tie around to God again...just wait.

The past 3 weeks at church have been covering spiritual gifts and how we can use them in our everyday lives. My top two, for example, are mercy and shepherding. The definition of a mercy gift is "the capacity to feel and express unusual compassion and sympathy for those in difficult or crisis situations and provide them with the necessary help and support to see them through tough times." I find myself able to use this every day, especially with these couple friends I've been talking to consistently on Facebook about relationship or family problems, and while it helps them feel better and more comfortable with what's going on in their life, it also helps me in my own troubles. It's really cool how this stuff works!

The same goes for shepherding: "the divine enablement to nurture, care for, and guide people toward on-going spiritual maturity and becoming like Christ." I often incorporate the two gifts by using scripture to help my friends through their problems. It's actually a ton of fun and it brings me tons of joy to know that my friends feel better with my help.

If anyone else would like to discover their spiritual gift, here's a link to the test I took given by my church: http://studentimpact.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Full-Spiritual-Gifts-Test-Chart-and-Descriptions.pdf. I'd love to hear what your gifts are! Feel free to comment or email me at spikesscott@gmail.com

And here's a link to a website with more information about what your gift is, how it can be used, and how it's shown in the Bible: http://theresurgence.com/series/spiritual-gifts

I hope everyone has a great week and I'll try to start posting more consistently. As I said, helping friends has been a ton of work, and while it is tons of fun, it does cut out time to post. However, of course friends' needs must come first! Thank everyone for your understanding!

My prayer request is a pretty major one in my case. I'm going, as I've said, on a mission trip in two weeks, and I'm $800 short! Please pray I get the funding needed, because as a high school student, I have ZERO money for myself to pay!




No comments:

Post a Comment