Tuesday, February 26, 2013

2-26-13: Past Weekend = CHRIST-FILLED AWESOMENESS

Hey there!

Ok, I know the title isn't a real word, but I don't know any other description.

It started out on Friday with a Dominican rapper at Willow Creek, and that was awesome because as I'm going to the DR (Dominican Republic) in 26 days, and it was cool to experience their love of music! I didn't understand most of the lyrics, as they were in Spanish and I take German and know, obviously, English, but just how into the music the rapper and other fans were...overwhelming. I cannot WAIT to go to the DR!

Then Saturday, I went to Winter Jam 2013, which was just...I don't even know how to describe it. It's essentially a Christian concert with about 8 artists and a guest speaker. The main (well-known) artists there were Matthew West, Sidewalk Prophets, and TOBYMAC!!! Though I'm super disappointed that they had my favorite band as the pre-show act, and didn't have them as part of the main concert, even though they were part of the lineup: Capital Kings! Their debut album came out on January 8th, so they're fairly new, but they've gotten amazing reviews, and I LOVE them! They're AWESOME! They use a mix of dubstep, rock, electronic, and hip-hop, and just the whole mix is insane! They've also been featured in some songs with TobyMac. I did, however, get to talk to one of the artists, so that was SOOO cool!

Sunday, we had the rapper at Student Impact as a "surprise". That's in quotations because he told me on Friday that he'd be there, but told me to keep it a secret as that was meant to be a surprise. It was SOOO hard not to say it to my DR team, but I SOMEHOW managed not to. Then in youth (house) group, we did the Harlem Shake...it was SCARY. It's part of a competition throughout Impact that was started by Streamwood when they made one and are now challenging everyone else to make one. Here's ours: Barrington West Harlem Shake. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment