Hello ladies and gentlemen,
Sorry it took me so long to get around to the additional information about Blast last weekend. I've been fairly busy with stuff with friends and not feeling great (emotionally and physically).There's just been a lot of stuff going on which I'd rather not get into much. Bottom-line, I've had a bad few months with losing friends. Though I've got to say, the friends sticking around, they're AWESOME! I was texting this one friend (name not mentioned) about it and I hadn't been even smiling for days, and of course in one text from him I went from crying, literally crying, to laughing and smiling! Also, he reminded me that I don't need the love from my friends to be ok, because Jesus is the ultimate love and comfort, and He is all I need. That helped SOOO much.
Ok, now I'll get to what I promised last week: the Blast full summary.
So for anyone who hasn't gone to Blast or Sandblast, it's one weekend (Blast: leave Friday, back Sunday; Sandblast: leave Friday, back Monday) and the Saturday night session (service) is the emotional service, as in it's always really deep and often brings people to tears. However, in my case at least, it wasn't that great. The worship, though, brought me to tears, especially when we sang This Is Amazing Grace by Bethel Live. That literally brought me to my knees. "Jesus I sing for all that You've done for me."
However, I also had several friends stand up when Bryan Jones, our pastor, asked anyone who'd gone from a fan to a follower. If you're a fan, when you get into a situation where being a Christian may be a bad thing, you'd leave your faith. However, if you're a follower, no matter what situation you're in, Jesus will always be your refuge and never deny being a Christian. That was by far my favorite part: seeing my friends stand up.
That's just about all I can say that can be a summary without giving you the whole session.
So, for my prayer request, it isn't for me. It's for my friends who stood up. Could you please pray that they continue to stay confident in their faith and don't back down when times get hard? I've seen it happen before, and it's disappointing sometimes.
I also want to remind everyone that if anyone's interested in coming to Student Impact, don't feel bad if you've either never been to church before or haven't been to Willow before! Everyone's welcome, and everyone's greatly encouraged to come if they wish. Something I hear often is the person invited doesn't know anyone who goes, but don't let that hold you back! If you've been invited, you know the person who invited you, and you'd be surprised who you might find out goes.
Praying for you all and always keep God at the center of your life!
Don't forget to comment!
No comments:
Post a Comment