Wednesday, January 30, 2013

1-27-13: Blast summary preview

Hey everyone!

This past weekend was Student Impact's winter (Willow Creek high school ministry) retreat, and it was alright. It was awesome for others, and I admit it was...alright...for me. Only the worship touched me, and I was hoping I'd be affected far more, especially as last year's Blast rocked my world, and Sandblast (the summer retreat) also made a major impact (no pun intended). One of the songs with the biggest impact on me was "This Is Amazing Grace" by Bethel Music (lyric video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iFEOB8Coes). Especially the line "Jesus I sing for all that you've done for me". It LITERALLY brought me to my knees, crying tears of joy. I've had several bad points in my life, and I just thank God for all He's done for me!

More on Blast will be posted later this week, I just wanted to get an overview up.

We had the Uprising rally a couple weeks ago at Barrington High School, and we had probably 50 different people say they wanted to be contacted by someone from Uprising! We had around 10 new faces at Uprising this morning, and I have a friend who says she wants to come, but the only limitation is the fact that she drives her sister to school as well, so her sister may not want to get up early! Darn early-morning club! Ah well, it's fun anyway! Please pray that we continue to have more new faces at Uprising over the next few weeks and that we continue to grow as a club.

That's all there is for now...as I said, more later this week.

Prayer request: More people come to Uprising and my friend's able to come to Impact this weekend. Her twin went to Blast, and my friend was interested, but as neither go to Willow, my friend didn't feel comfortable, unlike her twin.

And instead of a verse, a psalm. At Blast we had the opportunity to write our own psalm, and here's mine. Sorry it's so blurry! The camera isn't great. "The LORD my God has given me life"

God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment