Wednesday, January 9, 2013

1-9-13: Truth Vow

HEY EVERYONE!

Sorry I went AWOL, I've been stressing with school stuff and whatnot. AP Chem is a killer!

Anyway, I hope everyone had a nice winter break, and good luck with getting back into the groove of school! (I've never used that word, at least not on purpose...weird.) Did anyone get anything nice for Christmas/Hannukah/whatever else you celebrate? I got a few books, money for my Dominican Republic mission trip ($400/1600-1800 covered!) One of my favorite books is Phil Callaway's To Be Perfectly Honest. It's a book about a year of trying a challenge his editor gave him: to be 100% honest for a full year. He wrote in a journal about how he did the day, almost every single day. Not bad!

From reading his book, seeing how it's helped him change a bit and be more truthful, as well as grow in his faith, I've decided to accept the challenge, with my own twist. As I'm sure that I'll probably have a bit more trouble with it, I'm doing it by the month. I started Jan 3rd, and at the end of the month, I'll think back to how I did. If I did well enough, I'll try another month, and another, until if I do well, I'll end at the end of 2013 (assuming the world doesn't end a year later than it was supposed to! haha!) So far, so good.

On a bit more solemn note, this past weekend was a bit hard on me, though probably far more so for one of my friends. He had some problems with his mom and ended up kicked out of his house. For privacy purposes, I won't give his full name, but if everyone who sees this could please pray for him? His first name's Joey. Thank you all. I ended up taking him in Friday through Monday, but still. Not easy for anyone. He's a cool guy, though, so it wasn't THAT bad. We still had some fun. Thanks all.

Ok, I'll wrap this up with another prayer request, a reference, and a verse.

Please pray that the funding for my Dominican Republic trip continues to increase and I raise all the money I need to to be able to go. I definitely don't have the money to pay by myself.

The reference is to my other blog, Many Worlds Set in Few Words. The URL is "mwsfw.blogspot.com". It's set on private, so it'd need to be directly typed into the address box.

Verse of the day: The Lord detests lying lips, but he delights in people who are trustworthy. -Proverbs 12:22

No comments:

Post a Comment