Hi guys, girls, men and women!
This weekend has been a mix of feelings: happiness, sadness, pain (literally), and excitement.
I'll start out with the worst, pain. Friday I messed up my knee, NO idea how, but it seriously hurts and it's hard to walk without pain. The doctor's guess is that it dislocated and a nerve got caught in the joint, then it repositioned and the nerve is stuck. Just praying for that to stop, it hurts a ton!
Sadness is always a bad thing, but sometimes it has a good outcome or cause. In this case, at Student Impact and youth group, we had to say goodbye to the seniors this weekend. Their last OFFICIAL weekend was this week. I know many will still come, but it's just not the same. Plus there's only one more youth group before summer, and after that they'll be gone :(
A happy part of that, though, is related to that. It's because several of the seniors are going off to colleges, such as Hope, Moody, etc.,
to learn how to spread God's Word better and one of them, a good friend
of mine, is thinking about joining a friend in South Africa serving
with a group called YWAM (Youth With A Mission), which is a short-term
missionary non-profit organization. I'm really proud of her. She's come a
long way since I first met her, which was only last year. She's been a real inspiration to me, and yesterday when I told her that, I was so happy when she said I've helped her, too.
And finally, excited. A friend from college is getting out next week and I cannot WAIT for him to be home! He's made a major impact on my faith and helped me a ton. He was at Impact yesterday, so it was great to talk to him again. Plus, in about a month, I get out of school, so we'll be able to hang out more after that! It's been a hard year, and I'm certain that God has worked through him to help me. He has certainly helped me see God when it was hard for me to do it alone.
Though the highlights of my weekend are two texts I got, one this morning, one yesterday. The one from yesterday was from the girl I was talking about considering YWAM. She and I have been trying to meet up for lunch for the longest time, and she said that since we won't be having youth group after church over the summer that it's likely we could do something then! She also went on a mission trip and I'm thanking God for calling her to go on the trip, as I know that she would grow a ton from it, and I can't wait to finally hear about it.
The other text is from my college friend this morning, completely out-of-the-blue. I don't know why he texted me, but I'm so glad he did. "Just wanted to say that I am really thankful for your friendship Scott. Hope you have an awesome week at school." Wow...I don't know why he said it, but I'm so glad he did. As I said, he's been a major impact, and it makes me so happy to hear that from him. :)
Needless to say, this weekend was kind of a rollercoaster emotionally, but still filled with happiness.
Thank you! God bless you all, I pray you all have a great week!
Verse of the day: And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. ~Hebrews 10:24-25
Prayer request: Just please pray for my knee to heal quickly and that I can stay strong through this last month of school, as hard as it may get...especially with finals, as it's so easy to slack off at the end of the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment