Monday, April 8, 2013

4-8-13: Poetry speaks

Hey all,

I know I normally go on with some story-style post and leave it at that, maybe a reference to my other blog with all my poems, but I wrote one today I feel needs to be shared with everyone. A poem that says that we are not our own, but we are God's.


I Am God's Servant


A trip to a country with poverty,
So many houses are riddled with holes,
I do not know how God plans to change me,
How does God want to alter our frail souls?

Just one day later, I am on my knees,
I am transformed by what I have just seen,
I pray that He won’t let me change back, PLEASE!
Don’t let this trip become another dream.

The last night comes, I don’t know what to think,
While there, I’ve made several amazing friends,
I sit in the dark; my heart starts to sink,
I’m just wishing that this night never ends.

But my last day in the Dominican,
I hear God telling me my work’s not done.


I pray you all remember, we are made to serve Him, not ourselves. The LORD has blessed us with what we have, and we are meant to share what we have. Whether material goods or labor services, we all have something we can help one another with. God always wants to work in us, wants to guide us to Him, but sometimes we are too focused on ourselves and our own stuff that we don't remember that God has given all of what we have in life. From the people you are friends with, to the house you live in, the the clothing you wear, to the food and water you eat and drink. No matter what it is, God has provided it all for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment