Sunday, April 14, 2013

4-14-13: One Day Without Shoes

Recently, I was followed by an account on Twitter called @ChristTeensUK, and what’s cool is that they have the same goal as I do on here: to share what God is doing in teens’ lives, like my own. And for that reason, I’m super excited to write this for all of you and I hope you like it!

So for those of you who know of the company TOMS and what they’re about, you may’ve already heard about One Day Without Shoes (ODWS), but for those of you who don’t know about TOMS or have and haven’t heard of ODWS, here’s the general gist of it. TOMS is a company that makes shoes and the mission is simple: for each pair of TOMS shoes bought, a pair goes to a child in need of some. It helps to provide them with shoes as well as funding to go to school.

Now what’s cool about this event they’re doing, ODWS, is that it’s this world-wide event on Tuesday, April 16th, when people are going shoeless to promote global awareness to children's health and education by going without shoes. Now I know of many of my friends who are doing this, and there are many group-events planned, such as Deloitte is having a group of 834 people participating, Coastal Carolina University has 688, etc. This thing is going to be MASSIVE and I’d like to let you all know that it’s going on so you can be a part of the action. For every person more who goes without shoes that day, there will be an even greater impact made!

As many of you know, I was in the Dominican Republic recently, and what I saw there wrecked me in so many ways. One thing among many was that many of the impoverished people were either wearing worn-out shoes, sandals, or no shoes at all. Experiencing that makes this an even more personal thing for me, and I hope that all of you will take this opportunity to share the word of God and to help those less fortunate than ourselves. There’s no limit to what we can do if we work together and trust in God to do the rest.

I pray that we all will help make a difference by participating on April 16th. God bless you all!


Verse of the day: And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased. ~Hebrews 13:16

No comments:

Post a Comment