Friday, December 14, 2012

12-14-12: FTI!!!!

[WARNING: beginning rant]

SOOO!!! EXCITED!!! FOR!!! TONIGHT!!! FTI tonight, serving the impoverished community at a local apartment complex, and last night we had a...rally? info meeting? I dunno how to describe it. Basically we told the parents of the high school students serving there (including myself) about what FTI is (for the invisible) and why we do what we do. Plenty of praying went into this, and with a turnout of 110+, I'd say those prayers were answered!!! :D :D :D

One problem for tonight...we've been having to adjust the starting times, starting at intervals for certain locations around the complex, so we (I, maybe others) don't know when who is starting! It'll all be figured out eventually, though, I'm sure. 4 MORE HOURS UNTIL THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY WEEK! (sorry, just super excited, if you couldn't tell)

God has shown and taught me so much through FTI, visuals such as seeing the food we bring fly off the tables, to the clothing we bring flung on their backs, and to the joy on the kids' faces when we're playing soccer (last week, the high school-college kids got beaten by 6-14yr olds 8-2! Beautifully-embarrassing). And taught me by the fact that just a few minutes away, one of my friends is "fairly well off" while these people have so little? Why are we so oblivious? Therefore, For The INVISIBLE!

[End rant]

On a different subject, tomorrow I've got my meeting for my mission trip to the Dominican Republic over spring break (the trip, not the meeting), which I cannot WAIT to go on! People I've known who've gone in the past say that it's rocked their world, and I want to be the LORD's light, shining through the darkness in some of their lives, and working alongside the communities we'll be helping. So beautiful, so amazing, so exciting. This past week has been sort of hard on me, though knowing God's with me has helped, and then I have one of the most Christian-event-filled weekends I've ever had in a few hours? So awesome. It'll help a lot to be serving God.

Verse of the day:
In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” -Acts 20:35

Leave a comment/question and I'll reply ASAP! God bless you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment