Monday, March 24, 2014

3-24-14: Ask God For Help

Hello everyone!

I'm aware I haven't posted anything in a while, and I apologize. It's just really hard to post anything worthy of being read in the short time blocks I have available.

        Christ has been really showing up in my life and many other's as well in the past few months. I took a trip to see my girlfriend in Pennsylvania for New Year's, and I got caught up in delays and cancellations both on the way there and the way back. When it looked like I wouldn't make it there in time for midnight, after praying for transport to figure itself out and that God would help me be with her, less than a half-hour later, my parents were calling me saying they had a way for me to get there on time. God really showed up!
        On the way back, I took one bus from a small town near her to Pittsburgh and I was supposed to take another to Cleveland, but the weather caused all buses to be cancelled. Prayed again for God to protect me, help me to stay calm, and to show me or give me a way to get home. An hour later, my dad called me saying he'd booked a ticket online for a train for Amtrak (cross-country train company) that left in 2 hours, and the station was right across the street! Again, God showing His ability to make everything work out if you ask Him to.

        Right now, I'm at her place again, and once again, God came through when I had trouble on my trip this time as well. I needed to change trains in Pittsburgh, and there was only one train to the smaller town I needed to get to to be with her. The train I was taking from Chicago to Pittsburgh left a half hour late, and just kept getting later and later. After praying for God to help, when we arrived, I heard that we were 2 hours late. That was a half hour before my second train left.
        Later that day, I found out that the train to Pittsburgh was actually supposed to be around 3 hours late, but one of the cargo trains which shares the railway broke down, allowing my train to get to Pittsburgh faster. If it weren't for that train breaking down, I wouldn't have made it! God is incredible.

       What I've learned through all of this is that no matter how small the prayer, whether to be safe or to get to a station on time, God will provide if you have faith. God is incredible!

God bless you all!


Prayer request: This isn't for me, but more for my friend. She was a small group leader for the junior girls in my youth group until a few months ago when she left to be a foster mother for some girls in India. I don't recall exactly how long she'll be there, but it is for an extended period of time, so could you all please pray for safety and that she's able to shine God's light and share His glory with the community and the girls she'll be taking care of? Thank you!

Verse of the day: Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. ~1 Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment